Router Not Working With New Modem
At times, a wireless router might go inoperative when it is connected to a new modem. This problem arises either when it is connected to the modem or suddenly after working for some time.
If your router is not working with a new modem, carry out the simple steps provided on this page.
Note: The solutions provided below are for the Linksys routers.
Scenario 1:- Linksys router not working with a new Spectrum modem
Reboot your router and modem
- Step 1:Unplug the power cable of the router as well as the modem.
- Step 2:Wait for a few minutes.
- Step 3:Reconnect the router’s power cable to the power source.
- Step 4:Re-plug the modem’s power cable to the wall outlet.
Cloning the MAC address of your computer
- Step 1:Launch any web browser on your computer that is connected with the Linksys router.
- Step 2:Type the router’s IP address and press Enter.
- Step 3:Enter the router’s login credentials correctly.
- Step 4:Click the Setup tab followed by the MAC Address Clone tab.
- Step 5:Select Enable -> Clone Your PC’s MAC -> Save.
- Step 6:After you clone the MAC address of your computer, check if the problem has been resolved.
Scenario 2:- Linksys router not working with a new Arris modem
Perform a power cycle
- Step 1:Reboot (power cycle) both your router and modem.
- Step 2:This might take only a few minutes.
- Step 3:Note: Resetting is different from rebooting the router.
- Step 4:Again, connect the power cables and check if the issue has been fixed.
Changing the router’s default IP
- Step 1:Access the Linksys cloud account.
- Step 2:Click Connectivity -> Local Network -> Edit.
- Step 3:Type the IP address that you need to use for the Linksys router.
- Step 4:Save your changes.
- Step 5:Once done, re-establish the connection between the router and the modem.
- Step 6:If the issue continues, press the Reset button on the router’s rear panel for about 30 seconds to reset the router.
Scenario 3:- Linksys router not working with a new Comcast modem
The first thing you have to try to resolve the problem is to reboot your router and your modem.
Check for ISP MTU requirements
- Step 1:On your Windows 10 computer that is connected to the Linksys router, launch Command Prompt and perform a ping test.
- Step 2:Once you see the result, check if the correct MTU size is displayed in the Command Prompt window.
- Step 3:If it is incorrect, change it.
- Step 4:Still, if the router is not working with the new modem, you can get assistance from our technical experts.